Keep Texas Beautiful (KTB) affiliates are qualifying cities, counties and/or communities that work alongside us in our mission to educate and engage Texans to take responsibility for improving their communities. Affiliates are the volunteers who organize local cleanups, design and implement recycling programs, and educate local populations.
KTB strives to provide tools and services to our affiliates that enable them to work on the front lines of our shared missions. The tools and services provided by KTB empower affiliates to focus on and become effective in the mobilization of grassroots volunteers to address such issues as litter prevention, solid waste management, recycling, beautification and general community improvement.
- Access to our network of nearly 300 community affiliates, enabling you to connect and share ideas, projects and solutions as you work toward a common goal
- Access to KTB’s partner organizations, including Keep America Beautiful, and major agencies such as the Texas Department of Transportation, Texas Parks and Wildlife and the Texas Association of Regional Councils, among others
- The annual conference provides opportunities to meet and share ideas with more than 500 affiliate representatives, sponsors, exhibitors and partners
Affiliate Development and Training
- A dedicated Programs Team Team to guide affiliates to meet regional needs and the needs of the affiliate as an organization
- Templates, best practices and organizational documents
- Free regional trainings and online webinars covering a variety of topics such as fundraising, program management, volunteer management and event planning
- Mentorship from established affiliates in your region
- Annual conference with more than 30 educational sessions and 500 attendees
- A committee made up of staff, government agencies, peers and board members working on affiliates’ behalf
- Monthly email newsletters containing news, events and deadlines pertinent to the affiliate network
- Free supplies, signs and volunteer incentives for cleanup events such as the Great American Cleanup, Don’t mess with Texas Trash-Off and Keep Texas Waterways Clean programs
- Use of the KTB logo and reference to KTB affiliation, and assistance with marketing and promotion of local events
- An official KTB affiliate road sign to display in your community
- Grant opportunities for local affiliate programs in the areas of recycling, native gardens and cleanup events
- Access to an affiliate-only web page with a forum, share-a-project, resources, templates and grant opportunities
- Access to Don’t mess with Texas campaign materials and support through our partnership with the Texas Department of Transportation
- Statewide recognition for affiliates who meet and exceed annual requirements
- Direct opportunities to compete in the annual Governor’s Community Achievement Awards (GCAA)
- Statewide recognition opportunities through the Keep Texas Beautiful Awards via the Youth and Educator Awards and Individual and Organization Awards for local affiliate partner programs, educators, youth and volunteers
- KTB provides grants to affiliates in good standing to be used to create and expand local community improvement programs
Interested in learning more?